Adapted from Martha Stewart
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
6 tbsp Earth Balance buttery spread, softened
1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup vanilla soy yogurt
2 tbsp canola oil
¾ cup coconut cream (see directions below)
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 package Tofutti Cream Cheese
4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1-2 tbsp vanilla soymilk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Put Earth Balance and sugars into mixer bowl; mix on medium until pale and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, soy yogurt, and oil.
3. Remove chilled coconut milk from the refrigerator and spoon out the thickened cream at the top of the can. Reserve the coconut water for another use (I like to use it to replace some water when making rice). Alternate adding cream and dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Trace an 8 inch circle onto a sheet of parchment paper. For each of the 5 layers, drop 1 cup of batter onto the center of a baking sheet lined with the parchment (keep unbaked dough refrigerated) and use your spatula to spread the batter into an 8-inch circle. Bake until edges are pale golden brown, about 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool each giant cookie on a wire rack.
5. For frosting: Mix Tofutti cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla sugar in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, adding soymilk as necessary to achieve desired consistency. Spread onto 4 cookies. Stack cookies, placing unfrosted cookie on top. Enjoy!